On Tuesday, August 25th at 3:50 pm, Scott Fire Department was dispatched to a residential fire in the 300
block of Andres Road.
Upon arrival, firefighters observed heavy smoke emitting from a barn, located next to the residence. Firefighters advanced into the structure where they encountered heavy fire, which was quickly brought under control.
An investigation into the incident reveled that the barn was converted into a studio, where hand crafted jewelry and art was designed and made. A fan, utilized to cool a machine in the production of jewelry, malfunctioned causing a small fire which quickly spread.
The building sustained heavy damage as a result of the fire.
No firefighters or civilians were injured during the incident.
Firefighters from Judice, Duson and Carencro responded to assist with extinguishment.
Please feel free to contact me if I can assist with this or any other matter.
Chief Chad Sonnier
Leave a Reply.