SMOKE DETECTOR SAFETY
Help save your life and property from fire.
- Minimum protection, install a smoke detector outside each sleeping area in your home. Install one on every level of your home.
- The ceiling is the best mounting location, at least 4 inches from a wal
- Test smoke detectors monthly.
- Change battery operated detectors at least twice a year. (When the time Changes)
- If your detector sounds, call your local Fire Department.
- If your detector activates from cooking materials DO NOT remove the batteries or disconnect the power source.
- Clean your detector with a vacuum at least once a year.
- Have an escape plan, and practice it.